Turboprint pro or studio?

Questions on Installation
sposh

Turboprint pro or studio?

Post by sposh »

Trying to understand the difference between the pro and studio versions of Turboprint. What does "import of additional ICC color space profiles" mean exactly? I have ICC profiles for my paper/printer - can I use those with Turboprint pro or do I need studio?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Turboprint pro or studio?

Post by zedonet »

Hello sposh,

ICC color space profiles define the color space of your images and documents, e.g "Adobe RGB", "Wide RGB", "ProPhoto RGB". These color spaces are used to interpret how a color with given RGB values (e.g. Red 120, Green 250, Yellow 15) actually should look like.
In case you are working with standard color spaces that are already supported by TurboPrint Pro, you probably do not need the "import of additional ICC color space profiles" functionality.
Of course printer ICC profiles can be imported in the color management of TurboPrint Pro and Studio. However, please have in mind that profiles created for a different printer driver often do not achieve the best possible color quality as even the uncalibrated output of different drivers very often differs (different color mixing techniques and base linearisation curves). Thus it is recommended to create ICC printer color profiles using a color chart printed with the TurboPrint driver. In case your existing profiles do not perfectly match with TurboPrint, you can either create new profiles with your own ICC profile equipment (spectrophotometer) or you can use our color profile creation service (EUR 14.95 per profile).
You can test all features with the free 30-day-trial-version of TurboPrint.