Garuda arch - printer monitor goes to stopped after each job, and printed job goes to "pending"

Linux distribution specific questions
GinoEelen

Garuda arch - printer monitor goes to stopped after each job, and printed job goes to "pending"

Post by GinoEelen »

Hi,

I am running Turboprint on Garuda Linux (Arch) with an Epson SC P600 printer. This setup has always worked just fine, until a while back when the printer no longer started printing when I used the print command in an app (any app). When I opened the printer monitor, I saw that my print job was in the queue, but with status "pending", and with the queue status being "stopped" and set to "reject jobs". I had to manually set the queue to "Accept jobs" and to status "printing" to get my document printed.

However, after printing the job, the job stays in the queue with status "pending", and the queue status goes back to "stopped". This happens after every print job. So in order to use the printer, I each time have to:
- open the print monitor
- Make sure the queue status is set to "Idle"
- launch the print job from the app that needs to print
- when the job finishes, I have to select the just-printed job, and "cancel" it, in order to remove it from the queue
- set the queue status back to "Idle"

This makes using Turboprint quite labor-intensive.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Many thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,
Gino Eelen
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Garuda arch - printer monitor goes to stopped after each job, and printed job goes to "pending"

Post by zedonet »

Hello Gino,

please excuse the late reply.

Either the TurboPrint log file or the CUPS log file might give a clue. The TurboPrint log file is "/var/log/turboprint/print.log", please send it by email to mail (at) zedonet (dot) de

The log CUPS file is "/var/log/cups/error_log", you probably have to set the CUPS LogLevel to "debug" to make sure that it contains useful information:
In the file "/etc/cups/cupsd.conf" change the line "LogLevel ..." to "LogLevel debug"