Page alignment - how to?

lhm100

Page alignment - how to?

Post by lhm100 »

New Install of TurboPrint for a Pixma Pro-100. Everything went fine and I'm just starting to evaluate things.
When I print the Demo Page -Letter Size with (US) Letter 8.5x11 paper - the alignment/offset markers on the 4 sides of the page are way off.
L/R isn't too bad: 4 & 10 are the last lines I can see. But the Top target doesn't start until about an inch down the page, and the bottom target only shows the 20 line.
I assume that there is a way to enter these offsets somewhere to correct the misalignment... but I can't find that info anywhere. I searched the forum for "page alignment" and found nothing... maybe I don't know the correct term...

Obviously - a "centered" photo needs to print in the *center*... and I don't know how that can happen if I can't tell the driver what the current (mis)alignment values are....

What say the experts?
Thanks
lhm100

Re: Page alignment - how to?

Post by lhm100 »

Answering my own question in case it helps someone else:
Under the Configure settings - the paper had defaulted to A4, and I was printing the "Letter" demo.
When I set the paper type to USLetter - then things are correct. Not perfect, but good enough.

The Print Testpage should probably throw a confirmation window if a user attempts to print a demo sheet that is a different size than the currently selected paper type. There are times someone may actually *want* to do that - so it should be allowed - but a friendly "are you sure you want to do this" would be nice.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Page alignment - how to?

Post by zedonet »

Thank you very much for clarifying that and for your suggestion!