Epson Stylus Pro WT7900

vinkbram

Epson Stylus Pro WT7900

Post by vinkbram »

Good day - I'm currently trying the trial version, and using the settings for the Epson Stylus Pro 7900, but this of course lacks support for the white ink. Is there a way to add this support from my side, or should I request the addition?

Best regards,
Bram
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson Stylus Pro WT7900

Post by zedonet »

Hello, there is no easy way to add support for white. However, we are working on a PrintFab version with support for DTF printing which also needs white ink. Support for white is currently available in a beta version of PrintFab for Windows, I could add an experimental driver for the WF7900 printer. Please let me know if you are interested.

Another question: do you use the configuration "white printed first" or "white printed last" (printed film is viewed from the back) or both?
vinkbram

Post by vinkbram »

That would be wonderful, and we would certainly be interested in an experimental driver. We are using it white first - our use case is with alternate color (opaque) paper media, rather than film or fabric though.
The company we picked it up from were using it for label proofing but as far as we can tell did not use the white at all.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I'm going to send you an email with a link to the beta version with the experimental WT7900 driver.