print size problem Epson R2400

Questions on certain printers and applications
pingi

print size problem Epson R2400

Post by pingi »

Hi

My Epson r2400 prints are distorted, the actual print size is enlarged by approx 10%.

MacBookPro, Snow Leopard, Epson R2400, Lightroom 3.2 (same problem with IPhoto).
scale: 100%, scale to fit:OFF, zoom to fill:OFF, margins, cell size double checked, preview looks OK, no sizing problem with other RIPs. Appears in case of any paper size. Custom sizes, too.

Any idea? Did I miss anything?

Hope anybody has good advice, PrintFab looks to be the sole solution to solve the Snow Leopard - R2400 incompatibility (not really satisfied with the $$$$ RIPs)

Thanks Tamas
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

no such problem has been reported yet. Is the with and height equally enlarged?

Please also print a test page from PrintFab Toolbox: "Open Toolbox for selected printer" -> "Test Page" -> "Demo Page A4" or "Demo Page Letter" and check if the dimensions are correct (check the printed marks on each edge of the page).
pingi

Post by pingi »

Thanks for the prompt replay.

I printed test pages. Prior to that the laptop ws restarted. The first test page failed, only one third of the page was printed and then three empty pages came out. The next one and all the following tests passed without problem.

Actually it seems to be OK, not only the sizing but the print quality is excellent, too. I will test it this night and will come back if there is any issue.

Some paranormal is going on? :-) or just user error? I must think over how the layout was set and resizing was done in LR.

Anyway, thanks again, hope it will work now.

Ps: should the is the print head cleaning work in Toolbox? my one does not
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Good to hear that it is working now!

Print head cleaning should work. What about "Nozzle check" - can you print the nozzle check test page?
pingi

Post by pingi »

Hi

print size problem never happened again

nozzle cleaning was blocked because of low in level (probably a pop-up warning would be a goog idea)

and a new question: what is the max. length of roll-printing? (Epson R2400)

Thanks
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Print length on roll paper is limited to 129inches = 327cm.
pingi

Post by pingi »

thanks for the responsive support