Stalled printing

Questions on certain printers and applications
dgstevenson

Stalled printing

Post by dgstevenson »

I successfully installed the PrintFab software/drivers and added my printer. But when I print a file, I can see it go into the queue and the paper is pulled into the printer but then it stalls, with nothing being printed, and the paper stuck halfway in the printer. The queue status crawls along for hours (I let it go as a test) with nothing produced, even though it says "100% Complete". Then, when I kill the job in the queue, suddenly the whole page starts printing, except for the bottom third, which cuts off.
I'm using PrintFab 2.98-1 on a 2021 Apple iMac running Monterey 12.6.8, and printing with a Canon i960 Color Inkjet printer, connected directly via USB cable. I'm using the Canon i960 Driver that comes with PrintFab.
I've tried printing from InDesign, Acrobat (pdf), and Text Edit with no success.
The annoying thing is the demo version worked fine but once I paid for a license (with no refund possible, how clever), it no longer works.
Any advice? I've tried reinstalling both the PrintFab software and re-adding the Canon printer several times with the same stalled results.
Thank you.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Stalled printing

Post by zedonet »

Hello, we've been in contact by email where my colleague suggested:
I assume that you just installed the license keyfile without reinstallng the software or the print queue? In that case everything should be unchanged and I can see no reason why printing should stop working.
Did you check your USB cables? Maybe you can try with a different cable to make sure there is no loose contact? Is the printer directly connected to your mac or via a USB hub? USB hubs sometimes cause problems.
You could try to remove the printer in PrintFab Toolbox and add it again, so the printer connection is renewed. It might also be a good idea to install PrintFab again without removing it before, so your printer settings should be kept.
Please let me know if printing still does not work.