How it works:
1. Open the "PrintFab" app and create a new profile entry
Open the color profile management with the button "Profiles" and create a new color profile with button "New profile...".
First select paper type and print quality and ink saturation limit:
- As "Type of paper", select "Matte inkjet paper"
- The highest quality is preset for the print quality. For sublimation, a somewhat lower quality is usually sufficient, here we select "1440dpi".
- We recommend the default ink saturation limit (250 or 300 depending on the printer model). If necessary, you can also print a saturation test line and check up to which ink application the printout is still sharp - if there is too much ink, it will bleed into neighbouring color fields.
Finally, confirm with the "Ok" button.
2. Print the color chart on the transfer paper
Continue with printing the color chart on the transfer paper - button "Print color chart":
You need a "Order Number", you can get it in our online shop for EUR 39,95:
For a test print you can use the following number: 7010-0854-2802-7161
As "Chart Type" for sublimation printing we recommend the setting "Proof/Studio Profile".
3. Transfer to textile or other material
In order for the color reproduction to be correct, it is very important that but the sublimated object (T-shirt, coated aluminum plate, etc.) is sent in (not the transfer paper). It must be flat and at least in A4/Letter size. It is not a problem that the printout is mirrored in the transfer press.
Unfortunately, ceramic cups are not suitable for color profiling, as they have too little surface area and are round. Alternatively, printing on a white aluminium plate (coated for sublimation) with an area of at least 20 x 25cm is recommended. Important: when sublimating on aluminium, the metal is on top of the transfer paper (the metal is heated).
4. Send in the color chart
Please send us the color chart sublimated onto fabric or other material:
5. Profiling is done by us
Usually you will receive your color profile by e-mail in less than 7 days. The ZEDOnet color profile measuring service will only process color charts sent in with valid order number printed on them.
Note: The profile file is designed for dynamic color management of PrintFab drivers and is not in ICC format. Upon request, we will also send an ICC color profile for integration into application programs (soft proof).
6. Import color profile
To import the color profile, go back to the color profile management, press the "Import..." color data button and select the color profile file that you received from us.
7. Print with PrintFab and the color profile
The following PrintFab settings are important
Quality - select a high quality so that you get a good transfer result - e.g. 1440dpi
Paper - select the newly created profile
Color Mode = "Color (RGB)"
Intent = "Perception" or "Perception Photo" or "Saturation"
Color space = "sRGB (default)"
("Perception Photo" is a slightly higher in contrast, "Saturation" is recommended if there are strong colors in the document that would otherwise print too pale).
If you print from Photoshop or Illustrator, select "Let printer determine colors" in the application's print dialog.