Canon selphy series

Harry

Canon selphy series

Post by Harry »

I've just got myself a canon selphy cp1300 printer, which is sub dye based.
I'm not a professional but would like to get good images of my photos or best out of printer.
I came across Printfab softwate/drivers and sounded interesting being perhaps "better" third party drivers so am using the trial version.

I am though a little confused though. On the website there are options to download ICC profile for softproofing and "addtional" print media for my printer.
Is the ICC profile same as installed with printfab? it says so, but as its available independetly I was curious as to it's reason.
Also, the addional print media profiles listed, both for Canon media (which I am using), but two are listed one says Selphy and other Selphy paper.
Both seem simialr in their specs and can see what the differences are. Are these created/profiled by Zedonet? Are they same as ones installed?
Sorry, this is all new to me but very curious.

Thanks
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon selphy series

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

PrintFab already comes with a "built-in" color profile the Canon CP1300 printer.

There are two color profiles available in our profile download area for the Canon CP1300 printer that have been created for users. These profiles are almost identical to the one that is already "built-in" and have been created through our profiling service.

We offer a service for our users to create color profiles. This makes sense especially for third-party inks and/or papers. Of course it is also possible to create such profiles for a combination of ink & paper that is already present in PrintFab, this can improve color reproduction for the specific printer (two printers of the same model do not necessarily print identically).