How do I recover my configs from a previous install?

Questions on Installation
robbrown99

How do I recover my configs from a previous install?

Post by robbrown99 »

I had to reinstall my Linux OS (Mint) after some issues.

I have backups of my home folder, but when I reinstated that TurboPrint does not read the 'turboprint.cfg' file. I had to add my printer again, and the custom profiles I had painfully set up do not appear.

Apart from home>user>.turboprint where else should I look to recover my settings?

Thanks

(I'm a paying user, have now bought 2x licenses)
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: How do I recover my configs from a previous install?

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the print queue definitions are stored in the file /etc/turboprint/turboprint.cfg, the profiles and page size definitions are located in the directory /usr/share/turboprint/profiles.

You can backup "turboprint.cfg" and the contents of the directory "profiles" and restore on your new system.

Then execute from a command line

sudo tpsetup --restore

to restore the CUPS print queues.

You might have to adjust the printer port configuration in TurboPrint Control (dialog "Edit") - select the printer again in the list "Choose port".
robbrown99

Post by robbrown99 »

OK thanks

so not in the home folder (because that is the one I have a backup for). :cry:

Thanks

Feature request: allow the user to specify where the configs get saved, or have a config export button to allow a snapshot
robbrown99

Post by robbrown99 »

OK, apologies I was a little angry there...

I found an old backup and restored according you your instructions... thank you.

I will ensure I have my root filesystem also backed up.

I am having some color issues - saturation is very low (not nozzles, as nozzle check is good). So I will troubleshoot and report back if I still have problems