Re: Reccomended 5x7 for a Pixma IP4000 ?

Questions on certain printers and applications
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Reccomended 5x7 for a Pixma IP4000 ?

Post by zedonet »

Question:

I'm finding that for larger prints, I'm using a photo service (Costco or MPix). However, I'd like to print up better 5x7 than I'm getting using HP Premium Plus Glossy.

So, I have something of a two-part question for 5x7 printing:

a. Is there a better configuration for using the HP Premium Plus Glossy ? Here's my current IP4000 configuration:

- Quality - high, 2400 dpi
- Paper - Canon Photo Plus Glossy PP101
The paper is a problem, because Canon doesn't make it anymore, and I'm not sure what is its equal. Also, many of the other papers don't come in a 5x7 format.
- Dithering - Error Diffusion
- Color Intent - Perception Photo
- Color mode - Color (RGB)
- Color space - sRGB

b. Is there a better 5x7 high gloss paper to recommend ?

I did think of creating a custom profile, but the print out is for full-page, not 5x7.

Thanks for any guidelines

---

Answer:

I'd try to print a set of sample images with different media types settings, e.g. Canon PhotoPlus Glossy, Canon Glossy Photo, Canon HighGlossFilm, Canon PhotoPaper Pro.
The other settings are okay.
The paper Canon Photo Plus Glossy PP101 is very similar to the current Canon Photo Paper Plus II (PP201) paper.

It should be possible to tape four sheets of 4x6 or 5x7 paper together to form a sheet of A4 or Letter size, so that you can print a profile chart. We have already successfully created several profiles this way.

----

Reply:

I'm good. For my last MPix order (that metallic paper is very cool), I included the "calibration kit" ( [Image: "Image"] ). I resized the reference TIF for 5x7, and the print-out on the H-P paper is a near-perfect match for the MPix reference 8x11. Now, I have a simple way to tweak my monitor.

Thanks !!