PrintFab Install and deployment

Questions on installation
kjcase

PrintFab Install and deployment

Post by kjcase »

My name is Jerry Case and one of my co-workers, Matt Decker, is working with your company in possible purchasing your product to use on our campus. I am responsible for installing and deploying PrintFab to our Macintosh computers.

I recently downloaded the 30 trial version of PrintFab to test to make sure it works well in our environment. So far I have run into a slight problem that I was hoping you could help me with. First I think it might be helpful if you knew who we manage our systems, just in case it's somewhere in our management system.

We use a Apple's WorkGroup Manager to manage the user environment (allowable apps, printer configurations, LDAP settings, etc..). We use FileWave for our software deployment. We also use a print management/accounting software called Pharos UniPrint that all print jobs go to for students to be properly billed.

I was able to successfully install PrintFab on a model machine and was able to successfully print to our HP DesignJet 130nr. I then used FIleWave to take a snapshot of the model machine before installing PrintFab and then afterwards to capture all the files that PrintFab installed. From this I created a package for deployment to a set of test machines. After deploying the PrintFab parts to a test machine I was unable to get PrintFab to fully work properly. The main issue is that I can't seem to get the PrintFab Settings option in the print dialogue window.

I'm wondering if that maybe my permissions on some of the PrintFabs files and directories need to be modified and so which ones and what should they be?

Thank you

Jerry Case